Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Riley Update

We had an appointment for Amaya at Riley almost two weeks ago now. Dr. Engum told us that we would need to schedule another surgery so he can try and figure out what is going on in that little neck of hers. =/

I'm not very happy at this news since this is the THIRD surgery that she has had since Nov. I know in the big scheme of things this is not big but I think about my life and I have NEVER had a surgery and she is just TWO.

Thankfully our insurance should cover everything since Chad just started his new job two weeks ago now so we don't have a whole lot saved up.

Please pray for Amaya for complete healing. This has been one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced in my life. Probably the most. I want to understand what's going on.

Chad and I both want it to heal up completely without any recurrances. We were just talking the other day about getting a second opinion. When is the right time to do that? How do you do that? Our doc. says, he just doesn't understand what's going on. What we want to say is, "FIGURE IT OUT!!"

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19

Thank you Lord for your unfailing love. Thank you Lord for your mercy and grace in times of frustration. Thank you that you hold nothing against me. I trust you Lord to deliver me.

1 comment:

mrs. warsaw said...

Laney, I'm praying that the surgery goes well with Amaya. Love you guys!