Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Riley Appointment

Everything went well!! We are down to 1 bandage change a day. That was exciting news. They gave us some new bandage stuff to put in the hole. One thing that I haven't been doing correctly was to stuff it in a little harder into a small hole in the back. Doctor Engum didn't seem too concerned about it and just showed me how to do it. It sounds bad though because I have to use the stick end of the q-tip they gave us and just poke the "stuffing" in there.

The wound dressing is much smaller so hopefully Amaya's soreness from having tape on her neck in the same area for a week can heal now.

Other good news....she can now take a bath. She loves splashing around in the water so I know she will enjoy that again. I'll post a picture when she gets up from her nap. We had to wake her at 7 this morning so we could get to Riley on time.

They still don't know what caused the infection unfortunately. It was definitely not MRSA. He (doctor) again mentioned that he would have to wait and see what it looks like at the next appointment - in two weeks.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support during this time!

2 comments:

Teresa Saksa said...

I am so happy that this situation is almost over. You are an amazing momma...amazing parents. I miss and love you....and am praying. Prayer knows no distance! And I got a 13 hour lead on prayer time!:)

Anonymous said...

Ummm... ewwwwww... stuff it in with a q-tip!!! That does sound bad. I think that I wouldn't be able to do that, but I know that if I were in that situation I would just have to do it. Praise God for a quick recovery. Praise God for your lives. Keep blogging. It's fun to read and encouraging!