Monday, April 26, 2010

My Little Girl is 3!!

My Dearest Amaya....I can't believe you are 3 already!  You have been such a joy and blessing to Daddy and I.  The past 3 years have not always been easy. At times it was even a bit scary when things were happening to your body that were out of our control. I am truly thankful that you are now a strong healthy little girl and that the only thing you have on your body is a scar to show what you've been through.  
Amaya...you are always ready to learn and listen.  I love how you take the things Daddy and I teach you and use them...just tonight you said, "Daddy let's go downstairs...vamonos". (You read Dora for your naptime book..enough said). 
I cannot say enough how truly proud I am of you. Some of the things you like to do:  
when I am praying in tongues in the car, you always want me to pray for you, Daddy and Mak...and you usually remind me to pray for me too. =)  Sometimes you even "pray in tongues" too.  
You love putting on the "full armor of God" (Ephesians 6).  You can finish all the parts of the armor yourself...plus the few other things I add to that confession.  You remember so much that I teach you sometimes I am amazed! 
You know your numbers up to 11..after that it gets a bit hazy...
You know ALL your capital letters and 90% of your lowercase letters
You know about 70% of the sounds of the letters...something that makes me smile every time as you sound out letters. =)
You've started drawing our family on your doodle pro and you still include Teresa (something that also makes me smile). I love watching you draw and making the "stick figures".
You are beginning to color the items on a coloring page but still prefer to color with just one color and you don't care too much about staying in the line.  
You love playing with playdoh and playing in sand can keep you occupied for a long time.
You love feeding the turkeys, deer and crows with Daddy and I love watching you two throw the corn..so sweet!!
You know the road signs and what a stoplight is for and usually tell me when ..."red means stop, green means go and yellow means slow down."
You also recognize when you see a bicyclist with a helmet on...and one that doesn't and of course we always talk about safety after that.
Your favorite songs: "This Old Man," "Jesus Loves Me," Jesus Loves the Little Children," and "Oh Come Let us Adore Him".
When I sing Jesus Loves the Little Children..I add a verse like this: 
"Jesus Loves Miss Amaya
How He loves Amaya Kaylan
He died and rose again
So that she might have life
Jesus loves Miss Amaya Kaylan"
(As I am singing this the smile on your face is so precious...you look completely at peace and I can tell you feel so safe...the absolute best look for a parent to see.)
You understand how to calm yourself by taking some deep breaths.  This is especially helpful before naptime and bedtime.
I could go on and on with all that you have filled our lives with but for now I will stop.  You are our precious firstborn. We will NEVER stop thanking Jesus for you!  We love you dearly!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS AMAYA KAYLAN!
I love you my daughter...love, Mommy


4 comments:

mrs. warsaw said...

Such a precious post! Please tell Amaya 'Happy Birthday' from me and Sean!

X-MAN said...

I am very blessed to have a wonderful, patient and loving wife who invests into our daughter. You both amaze me everyday. I know everything that Amaya knows is because of her Mommy!

Teresa Saksa said...

Happy Birthday Amaya! I love you! Great blog:) I always tell people Amaya is like my daughter, too...so I guess she and I are on one wavelength:) I miss you all so much!! She's getting so tall! <3 u.

Gayla Tawanna said...

Such a wonderful post!!! Children are truly a blessing from the Lord. Happy Birthday Amaya!