Saturday, September 13, 2008

Amaya's Cute Sayings

Today I was watching Notre Dame crush Michigan (woohoo!!!) and Amaya was just sitting beside me and watching "boot ball" which almost sounds like "butball" LOL....quite funny...she was entertained for almost 10 min. A true Mama's girl. =)

Amaya loves to say "AMEN" while we are saying our prayers so we taught her to say Amen when we say "Jesus" so at the end of the prayer she is just waiting for "In Jesus Name.....AMEN".
The other day we were listening to the radio and she heard Jesus so she said "AMEN." It took us a while to figure out why she kept saying it but we finally realized the person on the radio said it several times. Ahhhhh....so cute. We are trying to teach her where Jesus is (in her heart) and she's gotten that He's somewhere in the vicinity of her ribs I guess that's close enough for right now - since our bodies are the temple of the holy ghost. =)

I found a cute Elmo book at Target today and since Amaya knows who that is, courtesy of Pampers Diapers, I thought it would be a good gift (in the $1 section). Anyway, she has been carrying that book around non-stop. I think that means she likes it. She even cried hard when we took it away to feed her supper. (Yikes)
Today she had a dirty diaper and I asked her what was in her diaper. She said, "Elmo."

I must say, we have truly been blessed with a sweet girl. I love how everything is so interesting to her and how curious she is. God is a good God!! Thank you for answering our prayers!

On another note: We'll find out what Baby #2 is on my birthday (Sept 18th). I am very excited to find out who "Baby Sky" is. He/She is kicking me as I am typing this. I am so amazed at how quickly I started feeling this one move around. I absolutely love it. The other night, I told Chad I wanted a little movement before I fell asleep and he said, "no, we are praying that he/she sleeps when we sleep." But Baby Sky gave me just a little kick (for mama) as I was falling asleep.

I am doing very good with this pregnancy. The only thing that I don't like is the veins in my legs really hurt so I have to wear compression hose all the time. It's not fun but it's worth it to grow our family. =) It's amazing the difference it makes when I don't wear them and when I do. I can instantly feel the blood moving down my legs. Kinda weird. I'll have to post some pregnancy pics soon. I'm still wearing my jeans and shirt b/c maternity just looks funny on me. Even my smallest shirts look like a tent right now. I guess this one is on track to be kind of like Amaya was in me. She wasn't a small baby, she was just wrapped around in there (I guess).

That's it for now. Maybe next time I will have some pics of David and Lara's wedding here in Bloomington, next time. I don't have them uploaded yet. I keep forgetting.

No comments: