Friday, September 12, 2008

Trying Again

Our Nantucket Vacation




So I'm trying to blog again and be more "faithful" to my blog. I just got a little tired of updating it for a while. I was so busy with the garden and other things in life that this was the last thing that I wanted to do.

OUR VACATION TO NANTUCKET
Since my last blog so much has happened but the best part was our "blessing" trip to Nantucket. We had an opportunity to vacation on the island for a week. A friend of ours blessed us with this time away and I can truly say it was a blessing. I've said it three times now...do you think I mean it?

I looked forward to our time away all summer. We first had to go to Shipshe to meet up with mom and dad and Alice and Jason. They took this wonderful trip with us. We used the store's mini-van since it had bucket seats and a DVD player (the latter was the most important). It wasn't too bad. Amaya is a great traveler. I on the other had do not like the back left seat in the mini-van. There is this hard plastic thing that kept digging into my bum...not fun when you are driving 4 hours at a time without stopping (at least we tried for those time intervals). With two pregnant ladies it wasn't so easy to go that long. =)

Here are some pictures from our "picturesque" time.Amaya's first trip to the beach

View of Sunset from our roof-top patio

Chad and I on the patio

Amaya after she learned to climb on the chairs with her favorite toy (Harlee).

No comments: