Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recipes...Desserts

If you've known me for even a short amount of time, you will find that I love to cook, bake, experiment...I love working with food. My biggest passion is probably baking (stuff that goes in the oven). It's a stress reliever for me. I never follow a full recipe mostly because I don't have all the ingredients or because I don't like an ingredient that is in it.

Here are some recent things I have tried. I've been trying to take pictures of most of the items I've been making so I could blog about them. I'm going to try to dedicate one post a week to food items that I've created.

Here are some things I've recently created (or made)...

Brownie Pizza


Chocolate Mousse


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup cold evaporated milk
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 squares (1 ounce each) semi-sweetened chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • Chocolate curls, optional

Directions:

In a blender, combine the milk, vanilla, sugar, chocolate and salt; cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments: