Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a New Day!

What a beautiful morning!  The sun is shining. Amaya is enjoying her new favorite show on TV - Clifford!  Mak is taking a nap and I'm enjoying this time blogging.

One of our (Chad and Mine) goals for the next few months is to run/walk a 5K charity event.  Bloomington always has a lot of running events in the fall so we'll just have to see what we want to support.  (I haven't actually checked it out so I'm hoping there are some in Oct. so we have time to get ready.)
One of the reasons for our goal is to lose some weight.  I figured it out...between the two of us we would like to lose 35-40 lbs...WOW! That's a lot.  We can do it.  I recently stepped on the scales and realized that I gained weight since Mak has been born. This wasn't a complete surprise since that happened with Amaya.  I really had to work at losing the weight after she was born so I figured I would have to do the same this time.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to but didn't quite work out that way.

At least now Chad and I can work on our goal together. It's hard when you have a busy life but I want to make sure I am healthy to enjoy my kiddos when they get older.

My second goal (which will take longer) is inspired by what I read on Darcy's blog yesterday.  Check it out.  It's a beautiful story!  Love this blog - our kiddos are about the same age and seem to be a lot alike. =)

So my goal is to grow out my hair and donate it.  I've done it once and it was a great feeling but actually very hard to let go of my hair.  I did like my short hair once I had done it.  The first time I did it - it took me a while to grow it out - couple years so I think I have at least a year and a half left.  I had been thinking about doing it so I had only gotten my hair trimmed the last two cuts but usually I get to a certain point and then want a change again.  This time I'm going to do it!! Thanks Darcy for the inspiration!

Leaving you with some of my favorite pics of Mak and Amaya from the last week.

Here is Amaya after I curled and "styled" her hair....just having fun with her hair. She doesn't let me play with it very much so I take advantage of the times she does. =) 

2 comments:

mrs. warsaw said...

You can do it Laney! When are you guys planning to do the 5K run? I read Darcy's blog and it was wonderful (made me cry). It really is a great cause. Also, I was surprised to hear little miss Amaya doesn't let you play in her hair a lot.

Anonymous said...

Amaya looked so beautiful in those pics! Her hair looked professionally done! Of course Mak is a doll too! Have fun on your weight loss goals together! You can do it!