Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yuck!

It's been a bit of an eventful morning around here.  Not with the kids this time...it just involves a spider.
I'm not a fan of spiders...I shudder just thinking about them. Anyone with me?

The other day I noticed two little black spiders on our ceiling but forgot about them since it was lunch time which is always followed by nap time preparations.  (side note: I think we had some spiders hatching in our house b/c this is the third spider I've seen in just a few days).  This morning I was checking my email and I noticed something out of the corner of my eye...it came down and slid underneath the keys on the computer. It was so subtle that i barely noticed it...but then I remembered the spider that had been living on our ceiling.  I hit the key that I thought it went under and then went to take care of one of the kiddos (I believe Amaya was sitting on the potty). 

Then I came back and thought I would just forget about it. HA...not really!  I cannot stand spiders...I don't like the thought of spiders, I don't like to see them, I don't like them near me...ICK!  (Arachnophobia - I think I saw that movie one too many times)

So I proceeded to lift the entire laptop on it's side and I hit all the keys and finally I saw the little legs sticking out of the keys. (Another shudder from me).  I hit the key gingerly so it would leave the computer keyboard but so I wouldn't squish it.  It was a fast one...it scurried out and went who knows where.
At this point I had a decision to make...do i just pretend that all that never happened and sit down and finish my emailing for the morning?  Or do I try to find it?

I almost did the first one but then I decided that I would constantly be checking all around me to make sure it wasn't crawling on me. Soooooo with a fly swatter in hand, I picked up all the things around me and finally something moved. You should have seen me as  I moved everything, you would have thought it was a huge snake.  I was ready to jump back at any moment. LOL In fact I did retreat after I first saw it but then SMACK!  I got it on the first try. 

No spider is going to survive my deadly fly swatter. Now if only I knew where that last spider was... =/
 

1 comment:

Lara Jackson said...

Thanks for your thoughts on my blog. It is an interesting challenge right now. <3

AND I HATE spiders...my fear is totally stemming from the movie Arachnaphobia too. That is a horrible movie!