Thursday, July 29, 2010

Me on Marriage #3

This is the last post in my marriage series...I've really enjoyed doing this. I love when God gives me inspiration for my blog. =) Leave me a comment...let me know your thoughts on my posts...I'd love to hear from you.  Let me know how I can pray for you.

After all those things I explained in the last marriage post, Ephesians tells us to:

WALK IN UNITY
USE SPIRITUAL GIFTS
BE A NEW MAN/WOMAN
NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT
WALK IN LOVE
WALK IN LIGHT
WALK IN WISDOM

Paul actually talks about all these things (the above and the stuff from the previous post) BEFORE he talks about marriage in Ephesians.
I believe there is such significance in this.  If we hold fast to what God has asked of us, our building will have NO choice but to be strong and storm worthy! Just look at the last three...walk in love, walk in light and walk in wisdom.  How often do we forget these in order to be "right" in our marriage? Maybe if we forgot about being "right" in exchange for being "love," we would see different results. (Whew....God help me be reminded to walk in love through each discussion and/or argument)

AFTER Paul talks about marriage, he then gives us some great tools: the ARMOR OF GOD!!

This is how I put on the armor of God:

I put on the belt of truth.
I put up the breastplate of righteousness (to protect my heart)
I fit my feet with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace
I put up the shield of faith with which to withstand all the fiery darts of the enemy
I put on the helmet of salvation to protect my mind
I put up the sword of the spirit which is able to divide between soul and spirit.
for some added 'protection' I add these:
I put on the robe of righteousness for His name's sake
I put on the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness
I thank you Lord that Your glory is my rear guard


The following is something I've confessed and prayed over our marriage and the marriages of my friends around me...God is at work! 

PSALM 133
Behold how good it is for brethren (Chad & Elaine) to dwell together in unity!
It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down the beard, the beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
It is like the dew of Hermon, 
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing:
LIFE FOREVERMORE.


I encourage you this way: 
...if your marriage is great and strong ....continue giving glory to God and speaking the word over your marriage..and above all else be obedient to Him.

...if your marriage is struggling...continue giving glory to God and speaking the word over your marriage..and above all else be obedient to Him.

...if your marriage is broken...continue giving glory to God and speaking the word over your marriage..and above all else be obedient to Him. 

Love to all and thanks for reading!! 

1 comment:

hoosierbabe said...

Thank you for the encouragement and reminder that even broken marriages need the same guidelines God laid out for us. God commands our actions and attitudes, not suggests them if things are fair or going well. Thanks for speaking the truth. :)