Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bittersweet

So I think Samaria and I are thinking alike on our blog posts.  I read hers today and we had the same idea: to blog about this weekend.

This Saturday, we had our final service at the old Cherry Hill Church building. It was bittersweet.  It was not as sad as I thought it might be.  I have some really great memories in that old building.  That's where I learned so so much. That's where I was filled with the Spirit.  That's where I learned how to pray. That's where I was a part of the first School of Theology (now called Outpouring School of Ministry).  That's where God changed my life forever.  That's where I met Chad, my amazing and wonderful husband!  That's where I spent many many hours in the basement teaching and loving on the kiddos. That's where I spent many early mornings in 6am prayer (I must confess - I spent some of those early ones sleeping for part of the time until my body adjusted to getting up that early- heehee).

What's so cool about all these memories is that I can take them all with me.  Nothing that I've learned is stuck there in that old building.  I am glad that the next phase of City Church has begun.  Although the name is no longer the same, Jesus is still the same!  He never changes.  The things that I have mentioned above that I've learned, have only gotten better over the years.  I was a part of some of the initial stages of some of those things and I'm happy to announce that much improvement has been made.

The other night when I was sitting in the old church building, it just wasn't the same. There were no pews and the stage had been changed.  Before we got there on Saturday, I had been visualizing us sitting in the pews and when I got there, I realized that there were none anymore. What was great, was the Eric Johnson was back to lead the praise team for a couple songs and that brought back many memories. That was a fun time on the praise time.  I had a chance to sing on Saturday but with the kids and Chad having to work, I missed out.  It would have definitely been fun! 

2 comments:

mrs. warsaw said...

6am prayer! We were prayer leaders together. Fun memories. Oh by the way, I saw your comment on my blog, I remember that pew too and you and the ladies 'bombarding' me immediately after the service :) So much time has gone by, it's crazy!

Elaine said...

Haha totally have to laugh at your comment - what do you mean we bombarded you?
Think A Bugs Life: Bug is to light as Elaine, Patricia, Jenny ??, is to Samaria.
We loved new people. LOL