Thursday, December 10, 2009

Random Happenings & the Kids

The other night I was washing dishes and Chad had taken Amaya to our back bathroom.  Makiyah headed down the hall (I thought he was headed after them).  I didn't check on him right away and then I heard, "Honey, Do you know where your son is?"  Soooo I went to check on him and he was happily splashing in the toilet. 
So crazy, cause Amaya never once touched the toilet so I don't really think it's a big deal...well it is now!

For the past several months we have been trying to get Amaya to say, "Yes Mommy" and "Yes Daddy" when we ask her to do something instead of "No I don't want to".  We've done that over and over with hardly any results.  Well that's all changed in the past week or so.  She has been saying "Yes Mom" (not mommy) when I ask her to do something.  It's not always in the right context but it's definitely a start.  I would say she's said it at least 10 times now.  Woohoo!!  All that hard work is paying off.

Makiyah officially has 4 teeth.  Two upper and two lower.  He can give you a big toothy grin now. Love it!

Amaya has been accident free for over a week now.  (Except for at nights...still not sure how to tackle that one).

Amaya loves to do crafts now. She asks to do a craft about once a day.  I guess that's my own fault - now I just have to get stuff for her to do....(I don't mind it too much...that's the teacher in me. =)

Amaya asks for "something special" about every day now too.  I tell her she can have something special for certain things she does (i.e. telling me she needs to go potty.  cleaning up after herself. etc.) The problem with something special is that it's usually candy...gotta think of other something specials.

Mak is a stander by himselfer (ok that doesn't make sense but I like to rhyme.)

Speaking of rhyming...I love saying things that rhyme.  Even things that don't make sense.  Chad often laughs at the things I say.  What's great is that I have a two year old and almost 1 yr. old that love it. =)

I love nicknames a few that I use now and then: Mister Lister (for Mak), Mister Lou (for Mak), Missy Lou (for Amaya), Bitty Boo (Amaya).  When Amaya was younger, I would call her Missy (a nickname that Chad did not look favorably upon so I added the Lou.  I just can't seem to help it....

1 comment:

X-MAN said...

Very cute blog -- of course I love the kid stories! Congrats on 2 years of blogging!