Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Makiyah's 1st Birthday!!

Makiyah turned ONE last Sunday.  I've been a bit busy this past week so I've been behind in posting this.  I CANNOT believe he is already one.  Maybe it's because he's so little still or maybe this year has just simply flown by.  Whatever it is, it's just CRAZY!! As always I like to write my kids letters on their birthdays.  Here's my letter to Makiyah followed by some first birthday pictures.

Makiyah, you are my little man. I love to call you my man Mak..not to be confused with "my wonderful" who is your daddy.  I love you so much.  This year has been a bit of what seems like a roller coaster.  Just over a year ago, we welcomed you into this world.  You were 12 days early and your birth was much easier than Amaya's....we came home from the hospital after just one day.  (Partly because I felt so good and partly because we didn't have insurance). I have to confess we were a bit caught up in Amaya's "boo-boo" experience.  Just days after you were born she had her second surgery which didn't prove to be successful. So over the next several months, life was hard.  You didn't sleep much.  Daddy didn't have a full-time job and Mommy was stressed out A LOT! Mommy didn't quite give it all to God.  In April Daddy got a full-time job and in June Amaya had her third surgery which was SUCCESSFUL! In July, God spoke to me (Mommy) and told me that you will make people smile.  Up to that point, I had cried many tears of frustration and tiredness.  That day I cried tears of joy.  You were born in the midst of a very hard time in our life, but God used you to bring many, many smiles.  You have a great belly laugh that always makes Mommy and Daddy laugh too.  You find delight in the smallest things (even the toilet water).  You wobble around on your two little legs and as soon as you fall, you take off crawling at full speed.  I love how you try new things without the slightest hesitation.  You absolutely love to play with Amaya.  You squeal with delight when we go in her room to wake her up.  You immediately start talking to her and have lots to say.  You don't always appreciate when she wrestles with you but I'm sure one day you will like it more.  You laugh a lot at her and she likes to make you laugh. I love how you two play together. Amaya wants to give you hugs and kisses each day before naptime and bedtime.  You don't always appreciate those either. You have a bit of a temper and don't like when we take something away from you...particularly something that you have been chewing on that's not safe (it's like you already know).  You even bit daddy really hard the other day and got so mad your face was completely red.  We'll have to work on that temper a bit as you get older. One thing that I absolutely love is your 'cuddles'.  You love when mommy or daddy holds you.  You can sleep that way for a long time.  We pray for you each day.  We pray that God will impart to you wisdom and life and strength!  We pray that you choose to follow God's will for your life! We love you our little man Mak!!  



HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY!
(Both of his birthday parties happened on days that the Indianapolis Colts so we were always in Colts attire.)
The first party (top picture) was with my family (in Shipshewana) - we had a monkey theme for that one.  That birthday party was shared with two of his cousins: Brodie and Joshua.  My favorite birthday picture is the one on the left from that party.  Love his smile!
The second party was on his actual birthday with Chad's family.  I made the cake a fish since that was his first non-family word.

3 comments:

Coco said...

AWWW so cute. He's a special little guy!

mrs. warsaw said...

As I've told you time and time again, Mak and Cheese is the cutest thing ever! He's getting so big and it's so adorable to see him walking these days!

I love that you write him letters. Another blogger that I follow also does this to her twins and I think it's absolutely precious. Definitely plan to do this, either online or the good ol' classic way.

You're a great mama Elaine!

Elaine said...

Yes he is Karina..and Samaria..I really want to get a journal for both kids and just write stuff in there that I want them to see later on. Prayers, funny stories, etc...I've been thinking a lot about that lately.