Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cute Sayings by Amaya

1. "Whoa...what was dat?"
She said this after we went over a little hill in the van. Must have tickled her belly.

2. "No daddy that's my potty."
This is what she said to Chad when he was sitting on the toilet. LOL

3. ""No Zinger that's my too-ooys (toys)."
We were at Chad's grandmothers's house and her dog was smelling her little stroller with her dolls in it and she wanted to let him know that they were her things.

4. "Barack Omama...Yay"
I have to set this one up for you. On the day of his inauguration, we were listening to a talk show pretty much all afternoon where they were talking about him. (Chad and I hadn't talked about him much so she never heard us say his name.) I had a doctor appointment so we were in the car listening to another talk show when all of a sudden she said, "Barak Omama." It was so funny and totally out of the blue. Obviously she can't say it quite correctly adding to the humor of it. Later that night we were watching TV and they must have said his name because all of sudden she said the above phrase. We laughed so hard.

5. "Amaya Kaylan Bolltors"
Yep yep she knows her full name...can't quite pronounce her last name yet but it's not exactly Smith ya know. =)

6. "Makiyah Lane Bolltors"
And she knows her brother's name too.

7. "He's eating"
This phrase started almost the day we brought Mak home from the hospital. Everytime I start to feed Mak, she says it with a shake of her head..it's quite cute.

8. "See you in the mo'nin"
Every night when we tuck her in bed, we tell her, "we'll see you in the morning." One day she was playing with her baby dolls and her baby doll pack and play and she put (more like threw) her baby doll in the pack and play and said, "see you in the mo'nin"

9. "Turn off the moon"
She calls the light in her room the moon. So every night after we tuck her in, she says this.

10. "I drink all my milk"
This one isn't so cute but it is the first full sentence that she said.

11. "Good Job Amaya"
We use this phrase a lot - (positive reinforcement) so she started saying it when she accomplished something or said something that she felt was good. =)

I can hardly believe I have a little girl saying sentences. Time flies so fast. I look at her and I'm totally amazed at her. God has blessed us so much!! One day you have a baby that says a lot of things in mumbo jumbo fashion and the next you have a toddler that is saying sentences.
I hope you all enjoy a good laugh because I do every time I think about these!

3 comments:

Teresa Saksa said...

So cute! I can't wait to hear her saying these things! by the time I get there she'll be full of sentences! I can't believe it. Now be sure you're practicing my name with her, too. Haha:)

mrs. warsaw said...

Favorite quote from Elaine, which sums up this blog entry "She's pretty smart, if I must say!" I loved reading this! She already knows her name and Makiyah's? That's pretty impressive :)

Anonymous said...

Um... that "Barak Omamma" incident is funny because Ayo recently, as I was watching the news, when Obama came on the screen she was like "Yay! Obama!" and she like jumped up. I tried to not crack up laughing. It was funny and surprising at the same time because not only does she know his name but she recognizes him and she "hailed" him (that was the scary part).

:o)