Friday, March 20, 2009

Just some ramblings....

Here is my beautiful daughter Amaya smiling at her daddy



Last Thursday during her nap I saw her on the monitor and she was putting her hands inside her diaper and then wiping them on the bed. I was very concerned since there is always a chance that she is what we call "poopy." =) So I had Chad go up there to check. He was making noise and she heard him so she started running to the other end of the crib and by the time he got to her she was completely naked.....LOL. Sooo funny!

Last Thursday night Amaya was crying as I put her to bed saying, "rock-ie a little bit." That's what she says when she wants either Chad or I to rock her more. Usually when we put her to bed she has already been rocked so tonight was no different. I gave her a "talking to" and told her that Mommy and Daddy go to bed just like Amaya. She said with her big tear filled eyes and voice, "and Makiyah." So I said yes and she actually went to bed without a big fuss. Lately it's been more of a challenge but she's always fallen asleep on her own. After I told her that we went to bed too she actually seemed to understand. Again I'm amazed at my daughter...and yes Samaria, "she's pretty smart, I must say." =)

Wednesday a week ago we had a great couples life group. The discussion was about fighting fair. We talked about things that have worked for us and things that haven't worked so well. It made me think about how I deal with an argument. I often shut down and don't say anything. Growing up there was no room for discussion in the arguments I saw. I really don't like to argue so I would rather say nothing. It doesn't mean I'm not angry or mad inside, it just means I don't express it. A few weeks ago, I was praying and the Lord told me I need to "speak more." I know this is so true. I pray that God helps me to open up and talk more to express myself better. I have so many thoughts on the inside of me. God made me this way and it's ok. I have to tell myself this over and over.

Pastor David reminded me of my ring story....if you've never heard it, let me know and I'll post something about it. It has to do with an argument Chad and I had shortly after we were married. It's pretty crazy.

No comments: