Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yummy Soup

This is an excellent recipe. It is actually a Pampered Chef recipe but I've changed a few things along the way. My revisions are along the bottom.

Chicken Posole Verde
1 T Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
1 can White Hominy - drained
2 c. Chicken Broth
1 c. water
1 c. Med Green Enchilada Sauce
1 t. Oregano
2 c. Diced Cooked Chicken
1 c. thinly sliced green cabbage
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime

In a med. sized pot, saute pressed garlic in olive oil for about 1 min - stir constantly or it will get hard. Add rest of the ingredients to the the pot. You can save the cilantro and cabbage for garnish.

My variations: I don't always have enough chicken broth so I add extra water and some chicken bouillon (chicken base). How much you add depends on how salty you want it. I also add some cilantro as it cooks. I also add about 2 cups cabbage as it cooks and then save some for garnish. Sometimes I add more or less chicken depending on how much I have.
This is one of my favorite soups!!

No comments: