Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Amaya's Taking More Steps

Amaya is definitely using her own pace to walk. She's taken steps for about a month now - since her first birthday but she hasn't "taken off" yet. I am not hurrying her at all. She's a fast crawler and she's still enjoying that more. I know that there will be more things she can get into when she starts to walk...fun fun.


The other day we found her like this. She likes to climb if she can and since we don't have stairs for her to practice on, she uses what she can. I was busy crocheting and Chad was playing a game or doing something on the computer and I looked over and saw her like this, it was pretty cute. She was getting all my pens out and putting them in her hand. She didn't want anything else, just the pens.


She's such a cutie, I do fall more and more in love with her everyday. =)

She keeps asking for Daddy...he's in the Czech Republic right now until the 11th...don't know how I'll do it by myself for that long. Amaya woke up with a slight fever again this morning but I think it's gone now. It seems like every time he goes away for something she's sick. =( It's just teething but it's no fun for her. She's getting those molars. There are huge bumps in her mouth....OUCH...hopefully they'll poke through soon.

Other than that life is pretty uneventful. I finished planting my garden yesterday. I made all the rows and then it rained on me so hopefully the dirt is still soft and I can put it over the rows b/c I'm not doing that again. I am so sore. I am not used to all that "garden labor." Those muscles haven't been used in about 2 years b/c mom and Chad planted the garden last year. =) I'm making up for it this year since I have to do it myself with Chad being gone. It's a good feeling with it being done. Today it rained A LOT and some of my plants look like they are leaning. I hope they can survive what happened.

I'm already tasting the cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, corn, beets.........YUM!!

No comments: