Saturday, June 7, 2008

It's Early Sat. Morning...

And Teresa and I are both sitting in the living room with our computers. It's crazy that she's actually here. I'm excited that we have a week with her. I wanted to blog about my latest endeavor.

The Blanket
Last week was Pastor Amanda's baby shower. Her baby boy is not due until October but she is moving to California and so we had to shower her before she left.
I wanted to try something new and so I started crocheting. I was so excited my blanket turned out even and pretty cute. I had never finished something so big before. Check it out:

Here's another picture of the blanket...it turned out to be pretty big. I used a pound of love - the yarn is literally called that. FYI
I'm sitting through thunderstorm number 5 since Chad left. This one is a very minor one. When I was little I used to be so scared of storms but I've been surprised b/c these haven't phased me too much and we've had some pretty amazing ones.

Lord Give me Compassion
On another note, last night I was praying for something that really frustrated me recently and I was just checking out scriptures on compassion. I need and want more compassion for people. It's hard to realize sometimes that other people are going through things or they may just want a phone call. I think out of our struggles comes great victory. I realized in this week that with Chad being gone, I really don't talk to too many people. I would like for people to "check up on me." Chad's mom has been doing a great job of that. It was in the midst of my frustration that I realized that I need compassion now more than ever. When have I taken the time to call someone just because their spouse was gone? Have I taken the time to be compassionate today? I want to ask myself that each day and answer with a resounding YES!! Jesus showed so much compassion on people - help me to have even an ounce of that compassion....I love you Lord!!

Czech Republic 2008
I love reading Jessica's stories for the Czech Republic...(and I like those moments when Chad is in the pics.) Here is the blog she is posting. http://jessicatravels.wordpress.com/
If you get a chance, also check out the "Story Collection" on the right side. It's fun little stories and testimonies. There are some videos too with testimonies. It's a little hard to understand with the quality of the camera but you can tell they've been touched by the Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elaine,

I just found your blog, hope you don't mind. :) It shows up as a link into mine from the trip - you're a great blogger!! Alright for blogs!

Love,
Jess