Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mak is 8 months old and moving

Makiyah is 8 months + now.

He started officially crawling at 7 months 3 weeks.  I can't believe it.  He never went through the army crawl phase like Amaya did. He just decided one day that he can get up on all fours and take off.  He actually took his first two "crawls" the day before Labor Day.  I know I shouldn't compare him to Amaya but I do.  =)  Amaya was at least 9 mo. old before she did the actual crawl.  I've heard this is typical - boys do things fast (physically) than girls.

He's already starting to pull himself up on his toys.  He doesn't have the strength to always stay there.  It's actually a bit humorous.  He will fall and lay there for a bit and get the biggest smile.  I have to laugh b/c typically in that situation a baby would cry.  He is anything but typical.

A few months ago when I was praying for Makiyah, the Lord spoke to me and said that Mak would make people smile.  We had a bit of a rough time when he was a newborn and baby so it actually made me cry to hear that (go figure). =)  Anyway, he's been making me laugh and smile ever since.  I love the Lord!!

Mak has two teeth now but I'm still nursing. I am excited to make it past 9 months (the time I quit with Amaya because she simply had no more interest).


My handsome man, Mak!

1 comment:

mrs. warsaw said...

Elaine, I really love how you two seek God about your children and see the answers to your prayers. It's pretty cool to look at them and literally see answered prayers! I know you had a rough time when he was first born, but I must say, Mak-n-cheese definitely makes the Warsaws smile :)