Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sex and the City #2

All this month we've had a great series on SEX at our church, City Church.
You may be wondering what kind of church does a series on sex.  Well, it's a church that's right on with what God wants His kids (us) to know.  I can't tell you how many times this past month I've seen "sex issues" on TV. On Dr. Phil, The Doctors, Dr. Oz....you name it, it's probably been on there at least a couple times this past month.
So many times I've watched part of these shows only to be disappointed with what they are presenting.  It doesn't line up with God's word and no one wants to stand up for presenting sex within a marriage.  All the talk shows only mention your "partner."  For some reason I don't like that word.  Chad is my partner yes but he is so much more than that. HE IS MY HUSBAND, the one who God has chosen for me, who He created for me. Therefore, I will call him, Chad, my HUSBAND!!

One thing I absolutely love is how God had already designed sex to be great in marriage.  Here is why God gave says He gave us the gift of sex.

(These are from Intimate Issues)
1. I gave the gift of sex that you might create life. (Gen 1:28)
2. I gave the gift of sex for intimate oneness. (Gen 2:24)
3. I gave the gift of sex for knowledge. (Gen 4:1)
4. I gave the gift of sex for pleasure. (Prov. 5:15, 18-19)
5. I gave the gift of sex as a defense against temptation. (1 Cor 7:2, 5)
6. I gave the gift of sex for comfort. (2 Sam. 12:24)

When I saw all of these reasons I was amazed.  I knew about 1, 2 and 4 but I had know idea about the rest of them.  I love how God has so many "surprises" for us even after we have been saved for years.  The Bible says: (I Corinthians 2:7) "But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory."
I love how the word of God is a mystery that can only be revealed a little at a time.  I love how we did this series at church to reveal these mysteries to me at this time.


What about you, what new mysteries in God's word have you discovered lately? Maybe some from this series? Maybe you're reading this and you've discovered a new mystery...if so let me know.

No comments: