Friday, October 9, 2009

Wisdom

This morning as I was reading in Proverbs, I am once again reminded of just how cool God is.


Proverbs 8:11
For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.

Proverbs 8:30-31
Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him, Rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my delight was with the sons of men. 

Proverbs 9:10-11
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.  For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you. 

Wisdom: Delights in me!
Wisdom: Everything my heart desires cannot compare with her!
Wisdom: the fear of the Lord is only the beginning!
Wisdom: will multiply my days!
Wisdom: will add years of life!
Wisdom: speaks excellent things!

I am so thankful for God's wisdom in my life.  What really stood out to me this morning is how wisdom is better than rubies and that all the things I desire cannot be compared with her.  It made me think of all the things I was desiring right now.  Things I want to happen right now...things I want to change.  All those things cannot compare to wisdom.  I then started thinking how important wisdom is.  "She" (as the Bible refers to wisdom) was there at the beginning, when God was forming the earth, as a master craftsman. Wisdom was daily HIS delight. Wisdom also delighted in the sons (and daughters) of men. Wisdom was with God and wisdom is with me, helping me and guiding me.

I then had to think of my precious kids, how I desire them to live for God and give their hearts to Jesus.  As I read the scripture: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom", I had to thank Jesus for those "words of wisdom." One small fear I've had: will my kids serve the Lord with all their heart?  Will they choose to live the life that He has given them? This scripture quieted those fears this morning. When my kids accept Jesus as their Lord and savior, the fear of the Lord will be deposited in their hearts...when they have that fear, it is only the beginning of wisdom.  It is only the beginning.....

1 comment:

mrs. warsaw said...

Such a good blog! I love what the Word has to say about wisdom, but yet it still seems to be a mystery at times. As I read your blog, I thought about The Shack and the encounter Mak(the protagonist)had with Wisdom. Wisdom is really what we need in every area of our lives (wisdom on what to do (or not do), wisdom on the times & seasons, wisdomm in general)! God is continually giving you and Chad wisdom with your kids and I know you are literally depositing treasures in them!