Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Year Ago Today

Exactly one year ago today, I was calling the doctor at about this exact time because Amaya had this HUGE abscess on her neck that kept getting bigger and more infected as time went on. 

At 11:30 was our Dr. appointment and from there we were sent directly to Riley Hospital in Indianapolis to wait for HOURS!  We had fed Amaya some snacks at the Dr. office and because of that she had to wait 6-8 hours for her surgery.  They called it emergency surgery but waiting 6-8 hours didn't quite seem like an emergency.  She did really well for not having anything to eat and drink for that entire time.

What an awful day that was - one year ago today.

Thankfully today she is healed, healthy and whole! We have been released from Riley and don't have anymore check-ups in the future.  I am thankful for the Doctors that we saw while we were there: Dr. Engum did most of the procedures and I can't think of the other doctor who did her last surgery close to her ear. I am thankful for God sustaining us in the most difficult time I have ever been through! God's grace and mercy and LOVE are amazing!

In case you're just joining and were wondering what happened....here is a link to some of what we experienced over the past year: Previous Post on Amaya's Riley Experience

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate! Praising God she is healed! Now keep praying for my little girl too!

mrs. warsaw said...

I can't believe it's been a year since it originally happened. Thank God for His faithfulness and for gifting doctors and surgeons with wisdom. I'm so grateful that precious Amaya is whole and healed today. You are a strong woman Elaine!