Saturday, November 28, 2009

Whine or Worship

Today on the way home from my "Black Friday" shopping experience, I heard a little message on gratitude.
The lady said, "You have two choices in life, either whine or worship."

I immediately applied that to my life...in the past year, I've done a lot of whining...

...I've whined and wondered where God has been in the midst of Amaya's surgeries.
...I've whined and wondered where God was in the midst of Chad's job search.
...I've whined and wondered where God was when I had Makiyah and every day seemed like it was so hard b/c he didn't react the same way to "sleep training" that Amaya had.
...I've whined and wondered why I didn't have any close friends.
...I've whined and wondered why Chad didn't love me "in a better way."

Can you hear all the whining?  waaa waaa...

The past few weeks, I've made a conscious choice to be a worshipper...I'm gonna worship because whining keeps me in the same place.

...I'm worshipping because I know that Chad loves me and takes care of me.
...I'm worshipping because I do have great friends here in Bloomington and around the world (Siberia for one..my little T plug).
...I'm worshipping because God has created all babies differently and Makiyah is "one-of-a-kind."
...I'm worshipping because God opened the door at the "right" time for Chad to get his job - one that he loves.
...I'm worshipping because God was still God in the midst of all of Amaya's surgeries and she is now completely done with the need for any surgery.
...I'm worshipping because God asks me to worship simply because He is good!!

Thank you Jesus for a wonderful Thanksgiving and time with family!!  It wasn't quite what I expected but it was still a great time with family!!

1 comment:

mrs. warsaw said...

Such a good blog and a testament of God's goodness!